Thursday, December 8, 2016

Kliewer

This article really resonated with me because I have been working in a special education classroom for my service learning project. The article was started off by an heartfelt story that really makes you understand. I do agree that children with down syndrome shouldn't be kept from being integrated into a non disability classroom. I think that goes towards other disabilities too. In my classroom I worked with children with autism and other learning disabilities. The unit that we were going over consisted of body language and reading body language without seeing the face with it. I feel as though if the children in my class were allowed some time integrated into a no disability classroom, then they could apply their learning of reading body language in real life. I used a lot of Kliewer in my service learning PowerPoint because I feel that this author really brings up valid points.
Image result for down syndrome in classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment